I was just reading a personality assessment, not about me, just something in general. When this particular part hit me and hit me hard. I was talking to myself about this earlier in the day, thinking I should “forgive” someone who lied to me several years ago. Not only lied to me one time, but carried on the deception for months. I cannot even talk to them anymore, they are basically dead to me. And still are years later. I can take unpleasant news, I can take it if you don’t like me, but don’t lie to me. Ever.
“All it takes is a simple glance in your direction to know you are lying to us. A lot of people don’t realize this, but being lied to really sucks for an empath. We feel it ooze into every aspect of the relationship…and it usually ends them.”
As I said above, this hit me particularly hard today because an old friend’s name surfaced earlier, someone who I hadn’t talked to in years — because they lied to me. At the time the truth would have bothered me, but I would have gotten over it and all would have been good.
Just my two cents, for my grandkids.
- Remember that people will judge you by what you post and write on social media, you never know who might be reading those four-letter rants or risque pictures. Is that what you want employers or your parents to see?
- Always buy lemonade from the kids selling on the corner.
- If you stop to listen…. always give some change to street musicians. And if they are not so great, make it a buck.
Don’t steal someone’s thunder by announcing their news on your social page.
- Tip generously when the waiter/waitress is trying their best, does that extra dollar make more of a difference to them or to you?
- Complement a stranger.
- Don’t always be the taker in a friendship, but then again, if you’re always the one giving, the question is why?
- Never, ever pass a Christmas kettle without helping others.
- Buy the “good” candy for Halloween.
- Vote. In every election.
- Give the service folks a present during the holidays. Think of how much easier they make your life!
- Treat people kindly, as we never know what they might be going through.
- But when the negativity gets to be too much, don’t let it destroy you. Vacate the relationship!
- Pick up that penny on the ground, it’s your lucky day.
- Tell someone you love them. Everyday.